As a lab practice all students will have to do either an XRF measurement. The equipment is in PSCI 129; the name of the TAs are Enrique Ramirez (email@example.com) and Rodolfo Gonzalez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Instructions to operate the XRF instrument XMET-3000 (Please print and bring to lab)
- Turn on Palm, pwd: xM37l322, "l" is low case "L"
- Put keys in and turn on
- Start Xmet in Palm
- Write name of file"MASE-Some-ID"
- Select "Metal method"
- Select 300 seconds
- Put sample over window and cover with Al case
- Turn on x-rays by pressing and holding trigger for 5 seconds, red light should remain on after releasing trigger
- Verify file and data in Palm after x-rays shut off, copy file from SD memory to computer and portable memory.
Fall 2013 Schedule
*Monday 21/Oct 3:00 pm, Rodolfo Aguirre, Alejandra Garibaldi.
*Monday 21/Oct 4:00 pm, Heber Martinez and Craig Guerrero.
*Tuesday 22/Oct 12:00 pm, Jessica Buckner and Ngozi Ochoa.
*Wednesday 23/Oct 11:00 am, AMSeongik Hong, Seyeon Hwang and Kyungdeok Jang.
*Thursday 24/Oct 12:30 pm, Hector Lopez, Victor Correa and Roman Flores.