- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
PHI 5600: COOLING SYSTEM
Description of cooling system,
- Heat Exchange system circulates water through both sources and it has a radiator to cool down the water.
- Besides the It has a water reservoir it has , a water filter and , a de-ionizer cartridge which and a flow switch.
- The flow (hose loop) is from the Heat Exchange to the primary, to the secondary (monochromator) and back to the Heat Exchange. The direction of flow is shown in the pictures.
- When turned on one should look for the direction of the flow to make sure it is correct, otherwise it does not cool appropriately.
- The de-ionizer operates continuously.
- There is electronic control of the pump from the X-ray Source Controller, (see pictures for position of cable for pump control, the cable is labelled A179J5 and A179). When turned on one should look for the direction of the flow to make sure it is correct.
- The Heath Heat Exchange System has a flow switch controlled by the X-ray Source Control to prevent the X-ray source from turning on if there is now flow of water (without cooling the anode would burn very quickly)
- Uses distilled water (3 gallons). When adding keep an aye on the water level indicator (see picture), it takes a little bit of time to fill up as water goes into the filter and ionizer.
- The filter and ionizer cartridge shoould be changed whenever the monochromator anode is replaced (if the monochromator is used a lot it must be replaced after one year, otherwise it can last several years < 7 yr.).
- The direction of flow is shown in the pictures.
- It gets connected to 208V power strip.
- A description of the production cooling of the x-rays and its cooling source is shown in the a video.
CONTACT: Jorge A. López (firstname.lastname@example.org)