H1 Exam will be wed. Oct. 20 and it will cover AES, XPS and a bit of XRF
h2 Auger spectroscopy
- Meaning of transition nomenclature, eg. what is a KLL transition?
- What is the maximum depth of AES?
- Why is AES a more qualitative than quantitative technique?
- Besides the beam electrons, how many electrons are involved in AES?
- Is the kinetic energy of the Auger electrons dependent on the beam energy?
- Do sample charging change the kinetic energy of the Auger electrons?
- What are the typical beam energies used in AES?
- Do sample charging and environmental shifts refer to the same effect in AES?
- Do environmental shifts and chemical shifts refer to the same effect in AES?
h2 XPS spectroscopy