What have I been doing?
- Oct. 27-30: Invited Talk, 2011 SACNAS National Conference, San Jose, CA.
- July 15: Article El lenguaje de la física, submitted to Rev. Digital Universitaria, UNAM, México, 15 pages.
- July 10-14: Participant at meeting of INCREASE, at SLAC in Stanford University and LBNL in Berkeley California.
- May 12: Colloquium Talk, University of California - Riverside.
- May 8: General audience article Roswell: el fin de un mito, La Jornada Veracruz, Mexico.
- Apr. 28: Article Tecnología en la educación pre-escolar en México, submitted to Rev. Orientación Educacional, Chile, 16 pages.
- Apr. 22: General Audience Talk, "Quantum Consciousness", Phyl-Phys group of Juan Ferret, 6:00-8:30, GlssBox (Texas and Cotton, entrance on Langtry Street, up the ramp), El Paso, TX.
- Apr. 14: Finished writing and reviewing questions for ETS' Physics GRE Exam.
- Apr. 12: Interview about nuclear energy, The Prospector, UTEP. Read the interview.
- Mar. 30: Article Isoscaling and the nuclear EOS, 13 pages, submitted to J. Phys G.
- Mar. 18: Colloquium Talk, Cal State U - Fresno.
- Mar. 17: Interview, "Breaking it down with DT", AC Radio Network, New York, NY. Hear the interview.
- Mar. 15: Interview, TV UdG, Universidad de Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Mexico. Hear the interview.
- Feb. 27: Finished reviewing questions for ETS' Texas Physics Exam.
- Feb. 26: Finished review of book "Physics" of Glencoe.
- Feb. 18-20: Panelist, NDSEG Fellowship Program, National Harbor, MD.
- Feb. 10-13: Panelist, NSF-GRFP physics panel, National Harbor, MD.
- Jan. 26-28: Hosting Scott Pratt (Michigan State U) for Physics Seminar and chat with students.
- Jan. 14-17: Trip to Austin.
- Jan. 3: Finished writing questions for ETS' Texas Physics Exam.
- Dec. 30: Finished review of book "University Physics" of Bauer and Westfall.
- Nov. 1: Finished teaching physics part of MASE 6402 - MME 4501 class
- Oct. 2: Party in my house in Escondido CA to celebrate Maribel's invited talk at SACNAS conference in Anaheim, CA and my MAES award.
- Oct. 1: Award: Bravo Outstanding MAEStro Award, at MAES National Conference in Anaheim, CA.
- Sep. 30: Article "Searching for the origin of isoscaling: confinement and expansion" was accepted for publication in Rev. Mex. Fis.
- Sep. 30: Seminar Talk "Physics and Art", in "Frontiers in Science" Series al Cal State U San Marcos.
- Sep. 9: Grant, UTEP URI grant for Auger/XPS equipment, $5,000, see announcement here:.
- Sep. 1: Became the Faculty Advisor of the UTEP chapter of Global Zero.
- Aug. 1-13: Talk and participation in PASI 2010 on Rare Isotopes, Joao Pessoa, Brazil. See PASI wiki page here, my personal page here, and the Neutron Stars page here, to see how hard we worked see the photos here.
- Jun. 7: Completed participation of NSF Science Value Inventory at Drury University.
- May 20: Talk at the Universidad de Guadalajara about my book "2006 Fraude Electoral".
- May 16-22: Talk was delivered at the Universidad de Colima.
- May 6: Defense of BS thesis of Miguel Bencomo.
- Apr. 29: Talk at New Mexico Tech, "The new nuclear physics".
- Apr. 8-10: Two talks at U. North Carolina at Wilmington.
- Mar. 9: Two Talks and an interview in Radio Zacatecas about my book "2006 Fraude Electoral".
- Feb. 20: Article published "Language and Technology in Preschool Education in Mexico" as Chapter X in book "Technology and Young Children: Bridging the Communication-Generation Gap", Eds. Blake, Windsor, Allen, in print, IGI Global.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, 915-747-7528
- Curriculum Vitae, Previous academic page, Spanish writings, My "New York Times" page