- Enrique Ramírez-Homs (UTEP UG student, 2011-2014).
- Rodolfo I. Gonzalez (UTEP UG student, 2012-2014).
- Demetrio Corralez (UTEP UG student, 2013).
- Alejandra Robles (High School student, 2013)
Past and present collaborators
- Dr. Ramon Ravelo, Professor, UTEP, 2014.
- Dr. Claudio Dorso, Professor, University of Buenos Aires, 2011-2014.
- Pedro Giménez Molinelli, Ph.D. student, University of Buenos Aires, 2011-2014. Pedro completed his Ph.D. studies in 2014.
- Juan I. Nichols, Ph.D. student, University of Buenos Aires, 2011-2014.
"Simulations of cold matter at subsaturation densities", by P.A. Giménez Molinelli, J.I. Nichols, J.A. López and C.O. Dorso, Nuc. Phys. A, 923, Pp. 31-50, 2014.
- "Topological characterization of neutron star crusts " by C.O. Dorso, P. Giménez-Molinelli and J.A. López, published in The Physical Review C86 055805 (2012). See preprint in the Arxivs.
Conferences, Visits, Guests, etc.
- Dec. 9-12: Talk by J.A. López at JUSTIPEN-JUSEIPEN Workshop in RIKEN in Tokyo, Japan. JUSTIPEN is The Japan-U.S. Theory Institute for Physics with Exotic Nuclei.
- Sep. 27: Invited Talk "Cold nuclear matter" in Symposium on Low Temperature Physics at UACJ, in Cd. Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico.
- Jun. 3 - Aug. 9: Visiting the Nuclear Theory group of the Nuclear Science Division of The Lawrence Berkeley Lab, with UG students Enrique Ramirez Homs and Rodolfo Gonzalez. See here for article about our participation in the LBL-NSD newsletter (p.4).
- May 24: Colloquium "Nuclear matter cooked Italian style", Institute of Nuclear Sciences, UNAM, Mexico City, Mexico.
Jan. 26: High School student Alejandra Robles, member of the research group obtained Most Outstanding Award in the El Paso Independent School District Science Fair and was selected to participate in the Regional Science Fair! Congratulations Alex!.
- Nov. 29, Article Spotlight, the article "Topological characterization of neutron star crusts was selected to appear in Physics-Spotlighting Exceptional research: Italian Delicacies Served Up in a Neutron Star Crust, Physics, Nov. 29, 2012.
- Aug. 7: Invited Talk "Nuclear matter at low temperatures and densities: the pasta revisited" in Nuclear Physics Forum at the Lawrence Berkeley Lab's 88-inch Cyclotron.