- Enrique Ramírez-Homs (UTEP UG student, 2011-2014).
- Rodolfo I. Gonzalez (UTEP UG student, 2012-2014).
- Demetrio Corralez (UTEP UG student, 2013).
- Alejandra Robles (High School student, 2013)
Past and present collaborators
- Dr. Ramon Ravelo, Professor, UTEP, 2013.
- Dr. Claudio Dorso, Professor, University of Buenos Aires, 2011-2013.
- Pedro Giménez Molinelli, Ph.D. student, University of Buenos Aires, 2011-2013. Pedro completed his Ph.D. studies in 2014.
- Juan I. Nichols, Ph.D. student, University of Buenos Aires, 2011-2013.
"Simulations of cold matter at subsaturation densities", P.A. Giménez Molinelli, J.I. Nichols, J.A. López and C.O. Dorso, Nuc. Phys. A, 923, Pp. 31-50, 2014.
- "Topological characterization of neutron star crusts", C.O. Dorso, P. Giménez-Molinelli and J.A. López, published in The Physical Review C86 055805 (2012). See preprint in the Arxivs.
- "From nuclei to nuclear pasta", C.O. Dorso, P.A. Gímenez Molinelli and J.A. López as a chapter in book "Neutron Star Crust", Eds. C.A. Bertulani and J. Piekarewicz, 2012 Nova Science Publishers, Inc. See preprint here.
- "Isoscaling and the nuclear EOS", J. Phys. G: Nucl. Part. Phys. 38 (2011) 115101.
- Dec. 9-12: Talk by J.A. López at JUSTIPEN-JUSEIPEN Workshop in RIKEN in Tokyo, Japan. JUSTIPEN is The Japan-U.S. Theory Institute for Physics with Exotic Nuclei.
- Sep. 27: Invited Talk by J.A. López "Cold nuclear matter" in Symposium on Low Temperature Physics at UACJ, in Cd. Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico.
- Jun. 3 - Aug. 9: Visiting the Nuclear Theory group of the Nuclear Science Division of The Lawrence Berkeley Lab, J.A. López with UG students Enrique Ramirez Homs and Rodolfo Gonzalez. See here for article about our participation in the LBL-NSD newsletter (p.4).
- May 24: Colloquium by J.A. López "Nuclear matter cooked Italian style", Institute of Nuclear Sciences, UNAM, Mexico City, Mexico.
Jan. 26: High School student Alejandra Robles, member of the research group obtained Most Outstanding Award in the El Paso Independent School District Science Fair and was selected to participate in the Regional Science Fair! Congratulations Alex!.
- Nov. 29, Article Spotlight, the article "Topological characterization of neutron star crusts was selected to appear in Physics-Spotlighting Exceptional research: Italian Delicacies Served Up in a Neutron Star Crust, Physics, Nov. 29, 2012.
- Aug. 7: Invited Talk by J.A. López "Nuclear matter at low temperatures and densities: the pasta revisited" in Nuclear Physics Forum at the Lawrence Berkeley Lab's 88-inch Cyclotron.
- Aug. 5: J.A. López, Member of Organizing Committee of Latin American Symposium of Nuclear Physics and Applications, to be held in Oct. 2013 in Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Jun. 4 - Aug. 10: Visiting the Nuclear Theory group of the Nuclear Science Division of The Lawrence Berkeley Lab, J.A. López with student Enrique Ramirez-Homs and collaborator Dr. Claudio Dorso (U Buenos Aires).
- Apr. 12: J.A. López inducted as a Corresponding Member of the Mexican Academy of Sciences, delivered an Invited Talk "Heavy Ion Reactions" at IFUNAM in Mexico City.
- Mar. 22-24: J.A. López Visited and delivered a Seminar Talk "From nuclei to Nuclear Pasta in ... Stars!" at the Physics Department of Bradley University in Peoria Illinois, visiting Jose Lozano.
- Dec. 1-6: J.A. López Visiting Universidad de Colima, seminar talk "Nuclear Pasta".
- Oct. 28: J.A. López selected as Educator of the Year and delivered an Invited Talk, 2011 Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers National Conference, Anaheim, CA. See SHPE Award information here, UTEP Press release here, and Channel 9 report here.
- Oct. 27-28: Invited Talk by J.A. López "Neutron-rich nuclear physics", 2011 Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans National Conference, San Jose, CA, see program here.
- Oct. 3-30: Guest Dr. Claudio Dorso, Universidad de Buenos Aires.
- Sep. 21-24: Invited Talk by J.A. López "Neutron-rich nuclear physics", 2011 National Society of Hispanic Physicists National Conference, Austin, TX.
- Sep. 19: Interview of J.A. López about nuclear waste repository in Carlsbad NM, "Estudiarán alemanes basurero nuclear...", El Diario de El Paso, El Paso, TX.