Last minute information:
- The final version of the program can be downloaded here.
- On the right column see a map indicating the location of the hotel and the UACJ - IIT, and a map of the campus indicating the location of building H1 where the symposium will take place. Parking is free.
- The weather will be oscillating daily between, approximately, 0 oC (at 4 am) and 20 oC (around 3 pm), which corresponds to 32 and 68 oF. Wednesday will be a bit windy and with little rain, the rest of the week will be calm and sunny.
- For last minute contact, please phone our cel numbers:
- Jorge López: USA 1-915-313-1302, MEX 52-656-238-5162
- José Luis Enriquez: MEX 52-656-360-3873
- The Symposium will be held at the Institute of Engineering and Technology of the Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez (IIT-UACJ) located at Avenida del Charro 450 N, Cd. Juárez, Chihuahua, México. The auditorium is on the H1 Building, see map on right column.
- The Symposium hotel will be: Hotel Suites El Paseo, Av. Paseo Triunfo de la República 4850, Col. Monumental, Cd. Juárez, Chih. 32310, www.hotelsuiteselpaseo.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, +52 (656) 611 5000; 01 800 711 8439. Make sure you mention the Symposium to receive the special price.
- The program of the Symposium is shown on the right column, and it can be downloaded here, please find your presentation and let us know of any time conflicts. Notice that there will be invited talks of 40+5 min, Regular talks of 25+5, and APS style talks of 12 +3 min. I took the liberty of assigning session chair roles to some of you, I hope you don’t mind and thanks you for your help.
- The symposium will run from Wednesday morning (8:00 AM) to Friday afternoon (6:00). Luncheons will be served at the IIT and a welcome reception will take place on Wednesday at 6:00 PM at the famous Juárez “X”. Dinners will be on your own, but some of us will go party on Friday after we close the Symposium.
- Aeromexico is offering 20% discount to symposium participants for flights into Ciudad Juárez. This offer is in conjunction with the VI National Conference of Materials Science and Engineering which will take place from 28/Feb. to 8/Mar. at IIT-UACJ. In booking your flight make sure to mention “CLAVE DE CONVENCION: IT20RG09015N1” for event “EVENTO: VI CONGRESO NACIONAL DE CIENCIAS E INGENIERIA DE MATERIALES UACJ IIT; FILE: 090; SEDE: CD. JUAREZ, CHIHUAHUA”; it applies from 28/Feb. to 8/Mar and only on phone reservations or at Aeromexico offices (i.e. not on online reservations).
Local organizers will try to provide transportation from the El Paso and Juárez airports to the hotel for as many people as possible. If you think you will need transportation please send us your arrival and departure information as soon as possible to try to accommodate you.