What have I been doing?
- Apr 4-7: Invited Talk, VII Symposium of Radiation Physics, Cuernavaca, Mexico..
- Mar 18: Invited Talk, Cal State U - Fresno.
- Mar 14-15: Plenary Talk, Congress on the use of mathematics on social sciences, Universidad de Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Mar 14: Invited Talk, Scientific studies of electoral data, CUCEA, Universidad de Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Feb. 26: Article Mathematical analyses of electoral data was accepted for publication in book to be published by the Universidad de Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Feb. 29: Meeting of External Advisory Board of the Center for Gravitational Wave Astronomy, UT Brownsville.
- Feb. 27: Finished reviewing questions for ETS' Texas Physics Exam.
- Feb. 26: Finished review of book "Physics" of Glencoe.
- Feb. 18-20: Panelist, NDSEG Fellowship Program, National Harbor, MD.
- Feb. 10-13: Panelist, NSF-GRFP physics panel, National Harbor, MD.
- Jan. 26-28: Hosting Scott Pratt (Michigan State U) for Physics Seminar and chat with students.
- Jan. 14-17: Trip to Austin.
- Jan. 3: Finished writing questions for ETS' Texas Physics Exam.
- Dec. 30: Finished review of book "University Physics" of Bauer and Westfall.
- Dec. 28: Book "Secretos científicos de las películas" with Steve Wolf and based on his book was accepted for publication by Special FX International.
- Nov. 8: Progress report of the XRF study of Pueblo Indian pottery with UTEP Anthropology professor Dr. David Carmichael and MASE-MME students
- Nov. 2: Dr. Carlos Bertulani visited me and delivered talks at UTEP and NMSU we had Texas BBQ at The State Line and real margaritas at La Posta in La Mesilla.
- Nov. 1: Finished teaching physics part of MASE 6402 - MME 4501 class
- Oct. 22 and 23: Coordination of Lecture Series of the Austin Science and Engineering Festival. See certificate.
- Oct. 11: Start of XRF study of Pueblo Indian pottery with UTEP Anthropology professor Dr. David Carmichael and MASE-MME students
- Oct. 2: Party in my house in Escondido CA to celebrate Maribel's invited talk at SACNAS conference in Anaheim, CA and my MAES award.
- Oct. 1: Received Bravo Outstanding MAEStro Award, at MAES National Conference in Anaheim, CA.
- Sep. 30: Article "Searching for the origin of isoscaling: confinement and expansion" was accepted for publication in Rev. Mex. Fis.
- Sep. 30: Talk "Physics and Art", in "Frontiers in Science" Series al Cal State U San Marcos.
- Sep. 28: Article "Isoscaling and symmentropy in confined systems" was submitted for publication to Intl. J. Modern Physics E.
- Sep. 23: Article "Probabilistic aspects of isoscaling" was published in Rev. Mex. Fis. S56, 85-88, 2010.
- Sep. 9: Received UTEP URI Award for Auger/XPS equipment.
- Sep. 1: Became the Faculty Advisor of the UTEP chapter of Global Zero.
- Aug. 1-13: Talk and participation in PASI 2010 on Rare Isotopes, Joao Pessoa, Brazil. See PASI wiki page here, my personal page here, and the Neutron Stars page here, to see how hard we worked see the photos here.
- Jul. 15: Book "2006 ¿Fraude Electoral? 2nd Ed." based on my previous book was completed and submitted for publication to a major Spanish language publishing company.
- Jun. 25-27: Talk "Recruitment and retention of Hispanics: a multifaceted approach" was delivered at AAPT's Spin-UP workshop http://www.aapt.org/Programs/projects/spinup/sanluisobispo.cfm at CalPoly State U in San Luis Obispo.
- Jun. 7: Completed participation of NSF Science Value Inventory at Drury University.
- May 20: Talk at the Universidad de Guadalajara about my book "2006 Fraude Electoral".
- May 16-22: Talk was delivered at the Universidad de Colima.
- May 6: Defense of BS thesis of Miguel Bencomo.
- Apr. 29: Talk at New Mexico Tech, "The new nuclear physics".
- Apr. 8-10: Two talks at U. North Carolina at Wilmington.
- Mar. 31: Article "Paper AC 2010-1659: IMPLEMENTING PEER LED TEAM LEARNING IN GATEWAY SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS COURSES FOR ENGINEERING MAJORS" with B. Flores, James Becvar, Ann Darnell, Helmut Knaust, and Josefina Tinajero was accepted for publication.
- Mar 28: Article "Líderes de aprendizaje" with B. Flores was published in Rev. Orientación Educacional V. 44 pp. 15-34
- Mar. 9: Two Talks and an interview in Radio Zacatecas about my book "2006 Fraude Electoral".
- Mar. 7 - 10: Talk delivered at the Symposium of Physics of Radiations of the Sociedad Mexicana de Física in Zacatecas, Mexico. See photos here.
- Feb. 20: Article published "Language and Technology in Preschool Education in Mexico" as Chapter X in book "Technology and Young Children: Bridging the Communication-Generation Gap", Eds. Blake, Windsor, Allen, in print, IGI Global.
- Feb. 18 - 21: Participated in the conference University Physics Bauer/Westfall in Napa, CA. See photos here.