- Dec. 3: Book "Estudios Científicos del Fraude Electoral del 2012" by J. López and Hahnemann Ortiz, published by CreateSpace Publishing, 216 pages, Spanish, ISBN: 978-1503161948 available in print and ebook, to purchase in Amazon click here, and to see the YouTube announcement click here.
Oct. 24: Talk "Estrellas de neutrones" at the 21st Science and technology Week in La Rodadora in Cd. Juárez, Mexico; see announcement here.
- Oct. 20: Article "El proyecto I-STAR", Rev. Orientación Educacional (Chile), V. 28, No. 53, P. 71, 2014; see article here.
Oct. 7-11: Talk at the IV Joint Japan-USA Nuclear Physics Conference in Kona, Hawaii to receive the 2014 Mentoring Award of the Division of Nuclear Physics of the American Physical Society; see pictures here.
Sep. 25: Article "Chayito" with José Luis Esparza. Published by SDP Noticias.
Aug. 15 - 18: Attending conference 4th International workshop on nuclear dynamics in heavy ion reactions in Lanzhou, China.
Aug. 10 - 14: Attending conference CUSTIPEN at the Peking University in Beijing, China. See program and talks here.
July 24 - 25: Attending conference Nuclear Structure 2014 at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC Canada,
- July 22: Article "¿Por qué Costa Rica sí y México no?" with Emmanuel Ameth, published by El portal en Red, SDP Noticias and Forbes-Mexico.
July 16: "Neutron-Rich nuclear matter" colloquium talk at Nuclear Theory Group of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Click here to see abstract.
June 11: Elected Member-at-Large of the Executive Committee of the Texas Section of the American Physical Society for o 2014-2017.
June 9 - 12: Attending conference Collective Dynamics in High Energy Collisions at the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab in Berkeley, CA,
June 2 - Aug. 8: Visiting the Nuclear Theory Group of the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab in Berkeley, CA, with Enrique Ramirez-Homs.
May 26: Article "El sueño guajiro de la reforma energética en México" with Emmanuel Ameth. Published by Los Angeles Press and Forbes Mexico.
- May 20: Meeting of Fellowship Committee of APS' Forum on Education.
May 9: Completion of Sloan Mastery Series Online Labs, see certificate here.
May 16-17: Dissertation Defense of Maria Isabel López Fierro at UC San Diego, and celebration party in Escondido, CA.
May 12: Dissertation Defense of Olienka de la O Fernandez at UTEP.
- Apr. 29: Meeting of External Advisory Board of the Center for Gravitational Wave Astronomy of UT Brownsville.
Apr. 17: Colloquium talk and Seminar at Oklahoma State University.
Apr. 2-5: Invited talk at The X International Symposium on Radiation Physics, at the MCTP in Tuxtla Guiterrez, Chiapas, Mexico.
Mar. 6: Hispanic Physicists interview: Jorge Muñoz "Life as a graduate student at Caltech". See the interview here.
Feb. 26: Elected Member-at-Large of the Forum on Education of the American Physical Society.
Feb. 5: Article "Isospin-asymmetric nuclear matter", by J.A. López, E. Ramírez-Homs, R. González and R. Ravelo, Phys. Rev. C 89, 024611 (2014); see preprint here.
- Jan. 24: Article "Simulations of cold matter at subsaturation densities", by P.A. Giménez Molinelli, J.I. Nichols, J.A. López and C.O. Dorso, Nuc. Phys. A, 923, Pp. 31-50, 2014.
- Jan. 23: Article in Colloqui Las calenturientas mentes del calentamiento global (all you ever wanted to know about global warming without even knowing that you wanted to know it.)
- Jan. 15: New project: Hispanic Physicists, the web page of the program "The Hispanic Physics Radio Education Project" profiling outstanding Hispanic researchers, funded by the American Physical Society, designed by Ixtlan Communications and the National Society of Hispanic Physicists.
- Jan. 4-11: Visit to Universidad Católica del Norte in Antofagasta, Chile. See pictures here.